
On the 28th of March Rette and I as well as our brother Quinn and Wes set out to join in all the fun. Unfortunately the popularity of this celebration has grown and coupled with the pleasant weather and small traffic capacity of the rural roads we missed out on the good times.
At least we did manage to catch it last year so we can still share some of our photos with you.
Here's Rette in front of the temple it's quite a beautiful building out in the middle of nowhere.
The temple also has a large collection of llamas and some other animals. Normally you would think that this would for the purpose of having a large supply of llama meet, but I don't think that they eat them.
To celebrate you buy your bags of colored chalk and you have to wait till someone lights fire to this effigy of a witch before you start decorating your friends. I'd tell you the signifigance of this but I don't remember it so well and I'd probably tell it wrong, plus I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to look it up. But believe me it has some importance, especially because it starts off the chalk throwing.
Afterwards you end up looking like some of my buddies.
Or like Rette and myself. If there is a Hare Krishna temple near you keep this in mind for next spring, it's a really good time.



No comments:
Post a Comment