Recently some members of the group Breaksk8 came to Salt Lake to do a performance at a skating rink. Rette and I decided that this was a good oppurunity to work on our own skating skills.
As you can see Rette was a little dissapointed because she had to wear the child skates. None of the adult sizes would fit her. I also want to point out that I am wearing the wristband and headband that were chosen for me by my nephew. I think that they make great skating accesories.
My nephew told me that the wrist band serves to protect from injury and enhance skills, and I think that it's true. I managed to impress one of the guys from breaksk8, that's him in the background watching me spin on my hand. Rette on the other hand didn't need a wristband to impress.
I must say that breaksk8 was a lot of fun to watch. The moves that they do are hard enough with the proper footwear, not to mention roller skates. As I found out dancing on roller skates is not as easy as they make it look, even if you know how to dance well.
Everyone had a great time, especially James on the left there.
2 comments:
Yea! Another post from you! Woohoo! (and a good one too)
I'm thinking that gear you got from Sam definitely helped BIG TIME!
You guys are gutsy to try and break dance and roller skate AT THE SAME TIME!
WHEW!
Oh, and tell Rette, not to worry. She can definitely make a fashion statement with those sky blue skates. . .
Cool pics. I guess you guys are working on building up your ankle strength/stability with those skates on your feet. That is what I remember from roller skating days -- those skates seem heavy after a while, and it was the only time I ever performed the "Hokey-Pokey".
Post a Comment