Because of the wind and the rain conventional beach activities were hard to enjoy, so we played with bull kelp. Here's Wes and myself doing a little jump rope with the kelp. Then there's Wes trying to whip Josh. Rette was impressed with how fast Josh was running.
Not everyone was enjoying being out in the weather as Max showed more visibly the way that we all felt.
We did manage to catch a break in the weather long enough for us to enjoy some of the senery. That's Wes taking in the view at Cape Kiwanda State Park, and Rette enjoying the trees at Munson Creek Falls.

We also got to try a long jump competition in the sand dunes. As Max is demonstrating getting up to the top of the dune is the definitely the hardest part.

What's the best way to end a beach trip you ask, why by shooting things of course. So here are some pics of Wes and I shooting things. Most significantly we put my old IBM thinkpad to rest with the help of two potato guns and a couple of potatos.








2 comments:
Woah, a post! Hooray for cool coast pictures. I especially like the mangled laptop.
We were really JAZZED that you guys came to visit--and even though the weather was LOUSY, we still had a good time!
GREAT pictures! I'm going to post about the trip too (soon) and you BETTER leave a comment, cuz I haven't seen one from you in quite a while!
(love ya anyway)
Post a Comment